Login  •  Register

Anyone tried a Glock Siderlock safety with a CCU upper

This forum is for information, questions and comments relative to Mech Tech CCU products.
Forum rules
Please - no foul language or rude 'flaming'. Administrator will remove such posts. We are here to share comments, questions and information for the benefit of all involved and to do this in a courteous manner. No non-relevant commercial messages or links. Also the information contained in the various posts may or may not be accurate. Mech Tech systems Inc. or the forum software provider -phpBB- are not in any way liable for the accuracy of the information in the posts. The forum posting regulations have been tightened and all posts by new users will first go to an 'approval' list before they are posted to the board. Also no post containing URL's will be allowed until the poster has posted 2 legitimate posts. The reason is that we are experiencing rising levels of spam postings. ATTACHING PHOTOS: It is best to upload your photos to the forum. Linking to an off-site photo, like with Photobucket, does NOT assure that your photo will always be available. Posts that reference photos that can't be seen are much less effective/helpful.
CoyoteHunter10MM

Anyone tried a Glock Siderlock safety with a CCU upper

Postby CoyoteHunter10MM » 22 Aug 2017, 13:26

I was wondering if anyone has tried a Glock Siderlock with a CCU upper. I have a 10MM and would like the added safety when leaving the gun in the gun rack at the cabin and when carrying it hunting. :roll:

Bald Eagle

Re: Anyone tried a Glock Siderlock safety with a CCU upper

Postby Bald Eagle » 24 Aug 2017, 08:18

The CCU really works best with original factory trigger parts. As long as this trigger is made to original specs in all other respects (outside of the safety button), it may work just fine. I don't think the safety button alone changes anything that affects the tolerance stacking which can be the issue with non-factory original trigger parts.

If you look at the threads "Glock Safety" and "Cominolli Safety" you'll find that the Cominolli safety has been proven to be compatible with the CCU. It is a thumb safety design.

ammoman

Re: Anyone tried a Glock Siderlock safety with a CCU upper

Postby ammoman » 18 Sep 2017, 17:04

I currently use the Cominolli safety on my G20, but I do have the slider lock on another G20 frame. When I get them together (one is at my office), I'll give it a try. However, from what I've experienced with the slider lock, I don't think it would have any issues.

Return to “General CCU discussion”