Login  •  Register

Mech Tech CCU - first outing

This forum is for information, questions and comments relative to Mech Tech CCU products.
Forum rules
Please - no foul language or rude 'flaming'. Administrator will remove such posts. We are here to share comments, questions and information for the benefit of all involved and to do this in a courteous manner. No non-relevant commercial messages or links. Also the information contained in the various posts may or may not be accurate. Mech Tech systems Inc. or the forum software provider -phpBB- are not in any way liable for the accuracy of the information in the posts. The forum posting regulations have been tightened and all posts by new users will first go to an 'approval' list before they are posted to the board. Also no post containing URL's will be allowed until the poster has posted 2 legitimate posts. The reason is that we are experiencing rising levels of spam postings.
blackhawk5

Mech Tech CCU - first outing

Postby blackhawk5 » 29 Feb 2016, 14:15

I recently bought a 1911 Mech Tech CCU in .460 Rowland. Have a Kimber frame and installed a Burris Fast Fire II red dot on it. Went to the range today for the first time shooting .45 acp. I think I had more fun at the range today than I've had for years shooting this setup. Zeroed easily 1 inch high at 50 yards. I'll eventually shoot some .460 Rowland ammo through the unit, but for now, .45 acp is functioning well and shooting where my red dot puts it. This is a great little setup for home defense, pigs or javalina here in AZ. Using .460 Rowland, I suspect this would be an effective brush deer rifle as well. Glad I made this purchase.

lacoppari

Re: Mech Tech CCU - first outing

Postby lacoppari » 10 Mar 2017, 07:08

I've had my .460 Rowland CCU for about 18 months now and use it for pig hunting and home defense. Mine has a 3X Vortex Spitfire scope and a 70 Series 1911 lower. I keep it under our bed. If you reload, limit the number of times you reload the same cartridge. When pig hunting I also carry my 1911 .460 Rowland Clark conversion pistol.

fort_maceo

Re: Mech Tech CCU - first outing

Postby fort_maceo » 10 Mar 2017, 16:51

I'm just itching to get my 460 Rowland 1911 CCU ordered. Thanks for sharing your positive experiences with yours!

jschlau

MechTech 40 S&W - First 2 Months

Postby jschlau » 25 Mar 2017, 13:22

I bought my MechTech Glock CCU 40 S&W in early February. Since then I have taken it out on several trips to the range and estimate I have about 1000 rounds on both a Glock 22 Gen 3 and Gen 4 lowers. Mainly I bought the CCU to participate in evening steel matches. I also take it out to another club range where you can bring your own steel targets. Between the steel targets and a good supply of magazines, I can go through a lot of ammo in short order. Definitely more fun than just shooting paper.

FIRST IMPRESSIONS - Machining looked good. Operation reasonably smooth for a new gun. Flash suppressor was oriented at an off angle. Bolt handle is able to keep bolt locked back with no unexpected closures. M4 stock was a poor fit to the tube and was replaced with the Magpul. Mounting and dismounting Glock lowers was a smooth operation. I tested the headspace with GO/NO GO gauges.

RANGE PERFORMANCE Groupings at 50 feet stayed within an inch to inch and a half. Have not had the ideal weather conditions to test for minimum grouping or distances greater than 50 feet.

RELIABILITY The first session had several instances of the bolt not closing completely. The rounds made it into the chamber and all that was necessary was to pull slightly back on the bolt and release. Or I could hear the bolt closing after a delay. By the second session the MechTech had been cleaned and oiled and initial performance in the first 60 rounds was reliable. Thereafter, I experienced the same "slow bolt" about every 20 rounds. Performance in follow up shooting sessions improved up to the 120 round mark due to some adjustments I was able to make.

BOTTOM LINE This conversion is an easy shooting fun filled accessory. Paired up with multiple steel targets, many magazines, and a generous ammunition budget, I would give it a thumbs up rating. This should be fun at the upcoming steel matches.

Return to “General CCU discussion”