Login  •  Register

Smith & Wesson M&P

This forum is for information, questions and comments relative to Mech Tech CCU products.
Forum rules
Please - no foul language or rude 'flaming'. Administrator will remove such posts. We are here to share comments, questions and information for the benefit of all involved and to do this in a courteous manner. No non-relevant commercial messages or links. Also the information contained in the various posts may or may not be accurate. Mech Tech systems Inc. or the forum software provider -phpBB- are not in any way liable for the accuracy of the information in the posts. The forum posting regulations have been tightened and all posts by new users will first go to an 'approval' list before they are posted to the board. Also no post containing URL's will be allowed until the poster has posted 2 legitimate posts. The reason is that we are experiencing rising levels of spam postings. ATTACHING PHOTOS: It is best to upload your photos to the forum. Linking to an off-site photo, like with Photobucket, does NOT assure that your photo will always be available. Posts that reference photos that can't be seen are much less effective/helpful.
sprengkommando

Smith & Wesson M&P

Postby sprengkommando » 25 Jan 2017, 14:25

Any future plans to make a CCU for a Smith & Wesson M&P in .40 cal and possible with a .357 Sig conversion? Sorry if this was already asked, I search the forum and did not find anything.

Bald Eagle

Re: Smith & Wesson M&P

Postby Bald Eagle » 25 Jan 2017, 14:54

Right now there are no plans to begin development of a CCU model for the M&P line.

jhr1776

Postby jhr1776 » 25 Mar 2017, 07:00

Seems like the M&P 2.0 with its full-length stainless steel chassis insert would be a good host lower for a CCU. There are also tons of M&P law enforcement trade-in deals that have and continue to be scooped up by folks. Not only does that represent a growing market, but if you offered a M&P compatible upper, many might go buy a police trade-in just to pair with your upper, since existing barrel wear on the original gun would be almost irrelevant.

I also prefer the grip ergonomics of the M&P especially with the new 2.0 texture over the existing hosts you offer CCUs for. I'd be interested in buying an upper to go with the new M&P 2.0, but I have no interested in your current offerings. Not sure how many others share my opinion, but I'd imagine several come to your site looking for the same thing only to be disappointed and then quietly go purchase something else (Sub2000 etc..). No way to know how many sales you are losing.

Perhaps you could provide a link on your homepage for those interested in a M&P offering to click on so you could at least start to gauge the level of interest and see if it's worthwhile to develop a CCU for the M&P.

Bald Eagle

Postby Bald Eagle » 27 Mar 2017, 08:37

jhr1776 - I should have mentioned this on my previous post.

We are keeping a list of potential M&P customers (I have added jhr1776 to it). Just send us an email through the contact form on the website, or direct to info@mechtechsys.com. If we can show the board of directors a big enough demand, perhaps we can get the green light for development.

DenStinett

Postby DenStinett » 27 Mar 2017, 20:04

So tell me again how Trump will be worse then the last 8 years !

Bald Eagle

Postby Bald Eagle » 28 Mar 2017, 07:09

DenStinnett -
I would say it is not likely we'd do a Witness CCU. The company is going to look at what the potential market is. While there may be many who like and have the Witness, my guess is that the number sold is far below the number of M&P sales. As far as inquiries we receive, I'd say the they run M&P, SIG (P226 or P320), Baretta, in that order.

volvofan

Postby volvofan » 31 Mar 2017, 11:52

Wouldn't be surprised to see interest in the Sig P320 spike as the military's Modular Handgun System program gains speed.

-Jon

NotOneFug

Postby NotOneFug » 06 Dec 2017, 01:32

Add me to that list of interested people. I made an account just to inquire about an M&P model.

dakservices

Postby dakservices » 06 Dec 2017, 19:49

You can add me to the M&P list. would love to add one on my pro 40

stevemcc1152

Postby stevemcc1152 » 11 Dec 2017, 17:54

Add me to S&W M&P Shield .45 list. And/or the Beretta list.
Thanks.

Return to “General CCU discussion”