Login  •  Register

Review of my 10mm CCU

This forum is for information, questions and comments relative to Mech Tech CCU products.
Forum rules
Please - no foul language or rude 'flaming'. Administrator will remove such posts. We are here to share comments, questions and information for the benefit of all involved and to do this in a courteous manner. No non-relevant commercial messages or links. Also the information contained in the various posts may or may not be accurate. Mech Tech systems Inc. or the forum software provider -phpBB- are not in any way liable for the accuracy of the information in the posts. The forum posting regulations have been tightened and all posts by new users will first go to an 'approval' list before they are posted to the board. Also no post containing URL's will be allowed until the poster has posted 2 legitimate posts. The reason is that we are experiencing rising levels of spam postings. ATTACHING PHOTOS: It is best to upload your photos to the forum. Linking to an off-site photo, like with Photobucket, does NOT assure that your photo will always be available. Posts that reference photos that can't be seen are much less effective/helpful.
PSYKOCONNELL

Re: Review of my 10mm CCU

Postby PSYKOCONNELL » 06 Jun 2017, 18:36

Hello everyone. Just signed up here. I had a Glock 20C many years ago and remember seeing an ad for the CCU in Shotgun News way back when. I always wanted to get one but was never able to. I have since sold that Glock pistol but recently something reminded me about MechTech and their CCU and inspired me to purchase a Glock 20 frame from Gunbroker and stick a CCU on it. I did just that. They had one in stock and shipped it immediately. I installed my Choate buttstock to it and looked forward to my first time at the range.
Well, when I got to the range, I noticed that every few rounds, with no particular pattern or consistency, the ejecting case would hit my hand. I'm shooting Sellier & Bellot 180 grain FMJ, brand new standard Glock 15 round mags, nothing crazy or weird as far as ammo or accessories. I gathered a bunch of the spent brass and looked for dings and dents, to see if there was any signs of the casings hitting the ejection port, but didn't see anything on the casings or on the CCU itself showing anything like that. I did notice that some of the cases were deformed after being fired....out of round.
I only fired 100 rounds that day, and I was having too much fun (other than the odd ejected case biting my hand) to get it sighted in completely...I'm really close, just need to bring up the rear sight just a bit more.
Makes me wonder if I got some crappy reloads that someone put in new S&B boxes. I bought the ammo at a gun show here in Orlando a few weeks back....really the only place to find 10MM ammo that I don't need to take out a loan for.
Anyone else having any issue like this? Or ANY issues at all? That's really the only complaint I have. I'm not gonna give up on my CCU, it's much too fun to be all butthurt about something that's not too big of an issue. Gonna figure this out and get it taken care of.
I had my girlfriend take a video with her phone but it's too damn fast to see it really. Wasn't able to attach the video but I did get a couple pics posted.
Attachments
10 MM CCU.JPG
10mm S B ammo.JPG

DenStinett

Postby DenStinett » 11 Jun 2017, 13:32

Nice set-up PSYKOCONNELL
I run (pretty-much) the same set-up, less the Stock (you have)
I really like the ides of the Thumb Hook / Free-Hand Notch when shooting with a BiPod
So tell me again how Trump will be worse then the last 8 years !

gdonley308

Postby gdonley308 » 03 Oct 2017, 10:02

I have wanted a high cap magazine for my Glock 20 Mec-Tech CCU and tried out something I read on the web. I ordered 2 Korean made 26rd Glock 21 mags. (.45acp), they were $12 a piece. I bent in the feed lips to match the feed lips on my factory Glock 20 mags. After doing this I found I could load 30rds of 10mm in these mags. I let them sit fully loaded for 2 days then headed to the range yesterday. Both magazines functioned 100%. I put 120rds (30 at a time) through each. Very happy about having a 30rd 10mm carbine!
Attachments
IMG_4223.JPG
IMG_4213.JPG
IMG_4212.JPG

gdonley308

Postby gdonley308 » 03 Oct 2017, 10:05

30round group with S&B 180gr FMJ offhandedly at 20yrds.
Attachments
IMG_4225.JPG
IMG_4216.JPG

DenStinett

Postby DenStinett » 06 Oct 2017, 21:34

Looks like a nice set-up you have there, gd308
I like your idea for the 30rd Mags
So tell me again how Trump will be worse then the last 8 years !

Return to “General CCU discussion”